Queen street in Toronto

Queen street, one of the busiest east-west thoroughfares in Toronto, has only streetcars to transport commuters along this important commercial vein. Once called Lot street, Queen street runs approximately 16 km from end to end.
I take the Queen streetcar almost every single day and I tell you: it ain't fun. Because the street is so busy, it makes for a horrendous car trip. Because the streetcars are so nasty on Queen, those who can afford it choose to drive. A tad paradoxical? if there were a reasonably clean and efficient way to travel east-west, more people would leave the car at home, or give it up completely as I have. Of course, I have my regrets. I think it's about time the city bite its tongue and start digging (addendum: Forget Boston's "Big Dig") some new subway tunnels.

Toronto, time to get the shovels out again.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls