Now this....

Hills, a reputable pet food company that makes Science Diet and veterinary precription diets, has recalled its feline m/d kibble
The feline m/d is made with wheat gluten, from the same source as that found in Menu Foods' recalled products. Once again, this wheat is grown in China. What are we growing in the Prairie provinces and down in the US? Figs? Can we not procure our wheat from our own farmers? At least this way we'd know that banned rodenticides will not be found on the crops.
When Menu Foods recalled some of their foods, I thought to myself: While I know that the prescription foods I recommend have the science to back them up, the sources of their ingredients are as unknown to me as the mysteries of a black hole.
Now we find out that Menu Foods, whose pet food I can say is probably not of the best quality, has something in common with a very high-quality, highly-reputable prescription diet: they both get their wheat from the same source in China. Wow, now that makes me feel great.
I empathize with every owner's concerns. Now here's the lesson: know what you feed your pets and sources of their ingredients. Call customer service if you have any questions regarding your pet food. I'm sure they'll be trained to answer questions pertaining to their ingredients, especially after these recalls. If they can't answer you properly or don't know, switch foods.

Chinese or North American wheat? Toxicology testing will give you the answer.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls