Coming out...

...as depressed may be more difficult than coming out of the closet. As some of my regular readers may know, I have not posted very recently in many months, since the rupture of a long-term relationship. Since then, I have entered into a "circumstantial" depression, call it what you will...
Right now, I am actually on my way out of it.
My life from the outside is fully functional, I continue to work, and to love work. In fact, in all modesty I don't think I have ever been a more caring and empathetic veterinarian, and have never felt like such a good diagnostician.
A part of me is hiding, though. A significant part of me hides behind a very thick veil of diversions, activities, and (sometimes) feigning of happiness. Another part of me is truly happy, truly functional, truly "me."
My friends and family in whom I can confide have been nothing but supportive, loving, and caring, though there is only so much they can do. It goes without saying that I am also receiving professional help...
I am discovering that my true purpose is not to be someone's better half, though I must confide I don't always buy this. Then what is my true purpose? There must be something, someone, waiting for me, and for whom I am also waiting.
I have decided to "come out" so that perhaps others may realize they are not alone, that we are all human, and that through suffering we can achieve greatness.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls