New car

After all the kvetching I do over public transportation (the TTC, more specifically), it may be a little surprising to you that only now am I mentioning that I've purchased a new car.
My quality of life has improved dramatically since I bought it over a month ago. I no longer take the subway or filthy, inconvenient streetcars. It is surprising even to me that it took four years to make this decision.
However, it was an expensive decision. I bought another Mini, which I didn't have to. I could've have purchased the much-less-expensive Yaris, which drives well, too. I do feel the safer in the tank-like weight of the Mini, hence my decision to purchase it.
Parking downtown is expensive, obviously. I pay $8-$12 at least four times weekly. This adds up. BUT, I have the independence I was looking for.
It is a shame that I cannot avail myself of a world-class public transportation system in this city. The reason for this is simple: it doesn't exist, except in the form of a small, iridescent, taupe-coloured Mini Cooper.

Me, feigning happiness, in my Mini

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls